NORDTEK is a network of the Rectors and Deans of the Technical Universities in the five Nordic countries. Membership requires that you have to have a background in advanced engineering up to the Master’s level and PhD in a technical research field. The members represent 27 universities, more than 120,000 students, teachers and researchers.
NORDTEK shall through exchange of experience, collaboration and cooperation:
- Develop the comparative strengths of the member schools
- Maintain and strengthen the international position of Nordic advanced engineering education
- Maintain and strengthen the international position of Nordic engineering research and research training
- Enforce youth interest in studying advanced engineering
- Be a potential Pressure Group – nationally, in the Nordic context, and internationally
- Represent the Nordic perspective in relevant European and International forums.
NORDTEK’s prime activities are the Mobility program for students and teachers, the annual Rectors’ Conference, Projects, incl. Annual Benchmarking of the member schools.
The cooperation between the universities has a long history, starting as early as in the 1930s. Since then, the cooperation has changed corresponding to the changes that have occurred in terms of education and research policy, internationalization and the development of the economy. During the latter part of the 1980s, the cooperation developed considerably, conducting various projects, sometimes partnering with the business community. Furthermore, an extensive mobility programme for both graduate students and PhD students was started. Today only, the programme for the graduate students is active. To be qualified the students must have reached Master level in their studies. The aim is to stimulate students to study one or two semesters at a member school in another Nordic country. The programme awards approximately 90 scholarships to students annually. Today the programme also includes teacher mobility.
- NORDTEK Design. Knowledge Triangle Network within Industrial Design
- NORDTEK Welfare technology. Knowledge Triangle Network within Welfare Technology
- NORDTEK Bologna report- Bi-annual report presenting the development of Bologna Road Maps in the Nordic countries.
NORDTEK mobility. Scholarships for students and teachers.
The main conference – A forum for exchange of experience and discussions between academia, business and politics
- Students’ meetings
- Contact persons’ meeting
- Rectors’ meeting Round Table discussions.