The scholarships are intended to encourage students to take a year of specialization at a member university in another Nordic country. Are you interested in changing schools for a semester or two? If your answer is YES, please get in touch with the contact person at your university. She/he has application forms. You can find a list of contact persons here.
You can apply for a scholarship to study at these universities. Applications must be submitted to the contact person at your home university by the application deadline.
You must attach the following to the application:
- A study plan for full-time studies
- A summary of the results achieved.
March 31 for the following school year onward (fall or spring semester)
October 15 for the following spring semester
- The scholarship is only for exchange studies and not for students who have been admitted to regular studies at the host university.
- The applicant must have achieved at least 60 ECTS credits for bachelor studies and at least 120 ECTS credits for master studies at the time of the application. Students could apply as as early as one year in advance.
- Scholarships are granted for one or two semesters.
- During the exchange period, the scholarship recipient must be a resident in the same country as the host university. An essential element of the exchange is to get to know the host country’s culture.
- The applicant cannot receive a scholarship to attend a university in the applicant’s own home country (i.e. country of nationality or normal country of residence) – it must be a foreign university.
- Completed courses must be included in the student’s diploma.
- If the exchange period is prematurely terminated, the grants must be repaid for the corresponding period.
- The scholarship is also subject to the minimum requirements for acceptable academic performance.
- A student who has not participated in instruction and has not achieved any results at the host school will be required to pay back the entire scholarship.
A steering committee consisting of NORDTEK’s Secretary General, the Mobility Program coordinator and the national coordinators makes the decisions on scholarships.
When you arrive at the host university, get in touch with the NORDTEK contact person there. Please bring your scholarship certificate and the following information:
- Name of your bank
- The bank’s full address
- The bank’s swift code
- Your IBAN number.
The contact person sends the information to the coordinator of the mobility program who transfers the grant to your account.
Prolonging the exchange period
If you plan to stay at the host university for one more semester, you have the opportunity to apply for another semester. You must send the application to the contact person at your home university.
Good luck with your NORDTEK studies!